We're back from Oklahoma and boy did we have fun! When we first arrived my Dad had expressed that he wanted to take P&P and their three cousins fishing. My negative side thought this would be an exercise in futility and that getting ready to go would take three times as long as the actual fishing. In the end, it didn't matter because they had so much fun. I think my girls are conflicted girly-girls like their mom. The love shoes and makeup but Pumpkin especially really loved holding the worms. We caught these fish Wednesday morning. Pop filleted them that afternoon, Nanna fried them and we ate them. That's being really close to your food.
I have to say though, that it wasn't a fair fight. This little farm pond was quite low and the fish were practically jumping on the shore. We caught 11 fish in about a 20 minute time frame. Now, I love catfish but these were a little "muddy" tasting, even for me. It did bring back soooo many memories of fish fries when I was a kid. A mess of catfish, some cornbread, beans and gallons of sweet tea. Does it get any better than that?
No comments:
Post a Comment