Raising my children to be healthy with better nutrition. Peaking their interests in food by growing it, cooking it, and eating it.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Fruit over French Fries
On a recent trip to Chick-fil-a a mistake was made on our order and my children were given those tasty waffle fries instead of the mixed fruit we always order. No big deal I thought, I'll let them have it. The line was unusually long. Peanut looked at the fries and said "where's my fruit?" I told her a mistake was made. "I don't want those. I want my fruit." I took them back to the counter where they disposed of them and handed me two containers of fruit. They did look at me in disbelief when I told them my daughters would rather have fruit than fries. This is the norm for them. There are lots of thing we don't give our kids "choices" on -- wearing a bike helmet, washing hands. Is good nutrition any different? It undoubtedly affects health for the rest of ones life! I hope by making choices for them as a parent I have set them up for a lifetime of good nutrition. Though I do occasionally wonder if I go overboard and it could backfire one day. The truth is, like so many things, I can't control everything they do. But I have control over this, for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment